06 August, 2008

revisiting some old ideas

I drew this concept for "love for Sale" early 2007 - about Mayish - and pulled it together really quickly for a tour. Did not end up using the version I intended, and wnet through over a dozen before I stopped with Ella. I am currently using some pieces from my costume stash to complete it, and still wonder if I should complete the velvet corset and garter belt.



These show the fabric nicely - it is a subdues green lace on black - I think it will look very nice mounted on black velvet...


I drew this one at about the same time, and even purchased the fabric in a color I was imagining to begin with... haven't made it yet. Which makes me wonder if I should keep holding off till it is needed or let the fabric go to something else.

Also, wanted it to be for "One for the Road" and am still trying to find the right version.




This brings up my obsession with "Saloon Songs" and how pretty and glamorous they make me feel, even though they are some of the saddest and most melancholy pieces around.

No comments: